When it comes to losing weight, staying slim and sculpting lean muscle, most people think of hitting the gym. It is undeniable that to burn fat in gym and using gym equipment properly will help you keep in shape. However, there’s one equipment that most people overlook – their own bodies!
Yes, it is true – by performing some simple exercises involving different body parts, you need not hit the gym to keep yourself in shape! All you need to do is to get yourself a puzzle exercise mat, such as the ProSource Puzzle Exercise Mat. Use your exercise mat to create a workout area on the floor and then perform the following simple exercises.
Lets burn some fat
Ex. 1: Squat and Kick
To perform the Squat and Kick exercise to burn fat, stand on your exercise mat keeping your feet apart at shoulder-width. Raise your hands behind your head and keep your elbows to the sides.
- Step 1 – Perform a squat by bending your knees. Make sure to sit back as much as you can.
- Step 2 – Move back to your standing position from the squat. Perform a kick in front of you with your foot flexed.
- Step 3 – Alternate the exercise with your other leg.
Ex. 2: Jumping Lunge
For the Jumping Lunge exercise, lower your body into a lunge with your left foot forward.
- Step 1 – Jump off the floor keeping your body straight.
- Step 2 – Swing your arms to the front and switch your legs midair replicating the movement of a scissor. Make sure to land down with a lunge with your right leg forward.
- Step 3 – Repeat the above steps while alternating between your legs.
Ex. 3: Stacked Feet Pushups
To perform Stacked Feet Pushups, position yourself to perform pushups, but keep one foot stacked on top of the other.
- Step 1 – Lower your body until your chest is almost touching the floor.
- Step 2 – Pause at the lower position before pushing back up to the initial position.
- Step 3 – Alternate the exercise with your other foot.
Ex. 4: Crossbody Mountain Climber
For the Crossbody Mountain Climber exercise, position yourself to perform pushups with your hands straight.
- Step 1 – Gently move your left knee towards your right elbow. Return to the starting position.
- Step 2 – Alternate the exercise with your other foot.
There you go – just perform these exercises regularly and you’ll keep yourself slim without needing gym equipment. Remember to start slow and take breaks between exercises. You can ramp up the exercises with successive workout sessions.
Do you make use of a puzzle exercise mat to burn fat and keep yourself in shape? What exercises do you perform other than those I have mentioned? Do leave me your comments and thoughts below and I’ll be very glad to hear from you!